We had such an eventful weekend.


It was the annual celebration for Eagle Mountain called Pony Express Days. It is a fun week packed full of stuff to do. It started for us on Thursday when we went to the carnival! This was going to be the only family day that we had this weekend Jon and I were going to be very busy and we wanted to spend some time with the girls. We let them go on a few rides. One of them was the Zipper. Brekyn was so excited to go on this ride because she was too small to go the last time they had this ride here. Well her ride got cut a little short because the little boy that she went with wanted to get off and she couldn't ride alone. She was a little upset but I told her there would be plenty of opportunities to go on it this weekend. Sydnie got a little sick and when we got home she SWORE she wouldn't ride rides anymore. Ok Syd.


Friday came and that is when the madness started. We went over to the park to set up the Firehouse Grill. This is a booth that the Fire Department Association does at the carnival to help raise money for them to purchase new gear and things. Well Jon was voted in as the Vice President so he had to do a lot to help prepare for this. They got the grills burnin around noon and the burgers were flyin! It sounds kinda funny, but people wait all year for the Firehouse Grill and we had heard that the organizers of the carnival booth had gotten some complaints when they weren't there on Thursday. So from noon til about 8 p.m., we did nothing but take orders and grill burgers. I don't know what it is about the burgers, but they are so delicious! Jon grilled almost all of the burgers (and we're talking over 500 burgers) and he did an awesome job. No complaints! It was a very long day.

The next morning came early. We woke up and got ready for the parade. It has been a tradition for our family for the last 8 years to ride on the firetruck in the parade. We have a lot of stories from it to. Everything from accidents on the truck, to ambushes from Mike. We throw out candy, plastic hats, (and when it's warm enough we throw Popsicles - not this year though) It is fun and the kids love it! Tukar even rode in it when he wasn't even a month old! It is so cute to see how much kids respect firefighters. They wave and just light up. After the parade, it was back to do some more grillin! There were plenty more burgers cooked (thanks to Jon and Chief)
then we took off to set up at the concert. This is another tradition for the fire department and our family. Every year at the concert that the city puts on for PED, the Firehouse Grill is there. We always help get out the orders, then we jam out a bit to the bands playing, then we watch the fireworks. For quite a few years, I would have to watch the fireworks by myself because Jon was one of them lighting them off.
This year was a lot of fun. They had Little Texas, Restless Heart, adn Blackhawk perform. The opening band was a local band called J Marc Bailey.

The new drummer for the band is a former EM Firefighter and one of my friends. I also know J Marc and his wife Jill and I must say, AWESOME SINGER! He has a christmas album that I gave to my family one year. It is the only Christmas music that Jon likes to listen too, and if you are ever around him at Christmas time, you may hear him singing a song about "Christmas Kiss".

We finished with the grill, cleaned up and then watched the show. Blackhawk was probably my fave of the night. I just love their music. They started the fireworks and Restless Heart was singing. It was a fun night, but we all were tired and ready for this weekend to be over.<
We both about died when our heads hit the pillow. I even fell asleep with my glasses on and the tv on too. Sunday...... well we had the best of intentions to go to church, but even 11 am came too early for us. Jon and I slept in til noon and my sweet girls watched Tukar so we could. We were quite lazy today, but after 3 days of go go go, we needed to be.



I did have the honor of being invited to a tea party with Brekyn and Sydnie. Well Tukar insisted that he join us also. My kids spend a lot of time with nana during this weekend and she got Bee a new tea set. It was so delightful. We had milk with our option of chocolate or sugar. It was accomanied by a wonderful cookie. I love the little moments like this.
I do have to say a special THANK YOU to my friends and family that came to help. I love you all and Jon and I appreciate it so much!


1 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time!
Post a Comment