CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

~Memory Tuesday~

IF YOU HAD TO EAT THE SAME MEAL OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Hands down.. Italian food. I am a card junkie and I am a sucker for a good pasta meal. I really think I was Italian in a former life because everything about being Italian fascinates me. The food, the drink, the family values, and yes even the mob. I would have loved to live on the old Al Capone days. My dream in life is to go to Italy, like Tuscany or somewhere, and just bask in the sun and eat pasta! Here is a recipe for one of my favorite pasta dishes. It may not be true Italian but it is a good pasta dish!



Chicken Fettuccine
________________________

VERY Delicious Casserole. Very fattening so I try to use fat free and reduced fat where I can.
Ingredients:
8 oz fettuccine noodles (or any desired noodles) cooked and drained
1 can mushroom soup
1 8oz pkg cream cheese (can use fat free)
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 c whipping cream
1/2 c butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 c mottza cheese
2 1/2 c cooked cubed chicken

topping:
1/3 c bread crumbs
2 tbsp butter melted
1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook and drain noodles. place in the bottom of a lrg well greased casserole dish. In a big pot combine soup, cream cheese, mushrooms whip cream butter and garlic. Stir over med heat until well blended. Reduce heat to low and add all of the cheese.
Stir until melted. Then add the chicken. Turn off heat.
then pour over noodles. Add topping and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then remove foil and cook 5 more minutes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
Category: Main Meals Servings: 4

1 comments:

Amy said...

And why haven't you shared this recipe with me before?!

Sounds yummy! I am going to try it.