CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

~Memory Tuesday~

SHARE ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER MEMORIES...

One of my most memorable summers was when I was 11 years old and I had gone bowling with my friend Michelle. I hadn't asked my mom so she came looking for me. When she walked into Regals, she came up t me and I knew I was in trouble-- she said "Do you want to be grounded the last 2 weeks we live in Utah??" I was a little surprised. She informed me that we were packing up and moving across the country to Nashville Tn. We had been there on vacation so I knew how it was out there. (Boy was I misinformed)My mom had gotten a wonderful job offer and she couldn't pass it up.
Anyways, we packed up our U-Haul and said our tearful goodbyes to our family and friends and set off for a new adventure. My cousin Jeremy came along with us for the ride. It was a cross country trip that I will never forget. My mom made sure that we really saw the country. We drove up through Wyoming, then down to Denver and across to Kentucky then down to Nashville. Some of the things I saw were

1. The Arch in St Louis.
2. Mark Twains home in Hannibal Missouri
3. Metropolis, IL - The Home of Superman
4. the Mississippi River
5. the worlds oldest wooden hand carved Carousel in Kansas (absolutely beautiful)

6. amazing lightening storms in Kansas (there aint much else to see there)
7. so much more

We arrived in Nashville and found our new home. It was late at night and it was raining. We were in a little bit of a flash flood. The next morning, my mom called the new company she was working for and they sent out some people to unload our U-Haul. We explored our new home with such couriosity. One of the things I was excited about was WE HAD A POOL!
We drove around the city for the next couple of weeks trying to get a feel for the place. We would play this game where we would get lost so that we could find our way home. After a few weeks there, it was time to say goodbye to Jeremy. It was hard because he was our final anchor to home. There we were. Just the two of us in this new exciting city. Starting a whole new life.
We met some amazing friends that summer that have stuck with us through thick and thin. We not only made friends, we made a family. It was one of the most memorable summers that I ever had. Although I am glad we came back, I am truly grateful for the experience of that move and everything it brought to us.

3 comments:

Holly said...

So cool to hear from you. Love the lil family yaw'll have grown! We will for dure let ya know when the pub is open. We just got the city license today and are going to the Alcohol beverage control tomorrow!

katie said...

I promise that next week I am going to begin the memory tuesdays on my blog...I love it but do you know before-hand what they will be?

katie said...

you now have me curious!!!
who??? you must tell!