As I was sitting there being the "mom that always takes pictures", she came over to me and said" ok mom you can go now!" That was it.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Letting go!
I just had to let my little girl go.
Sydnie left for girls camp this morning and I became an emotional wreck. I am sitting here wiping away the tears as we speak. I have been pretty good with the milestones and being excited for them, but this one hit me.
As I was sitting there watching her through the lens of my camera get excited and setting off to meet new friends, I sat and thought of my baby girl and how much she has grown up. She is a young woman now. I am so excited for her and the experience she is going to have this week. I never got to have this experience because the first year, my birthday was a week later and they wouldn't let me go, then when we lived in Nashville, they didn't have girls camp. So I have to say that I am a little jealous. But I know she is going to have so much fun and this is a perfect opportunity for her to build her own testimony of the church.
As I was sitting there being the "mom that always takes pictures", she came over to me and said" ok mom you can go now!" That was it.
That was the pivotal moment in her life when she let go as well. She is becoming such an independent girl and it is hard for me. But I know that she makes smart choices and I can't hold her hand and make decisions for her all of her life.
As I was sitting there being the "mom that always takes pictures", she came over to me and said" ok mom you can go now!" That was it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh I loved girls camp! She is going to have so much fun! She will come home a new girl for sure. Her testimony will be so strong!
I loved girls camp too!!! And yes she will grow in so many ways! I am also sitting here with tears in my eyes! She is growing up so fast! I remember when you were first pregnant with her and how exctied I was for you to have a little girl! Now she is going to camp...I am so proud of her!
Post a Comment