
I have been trying (well sort of) to lose weight for a while now with no change. Actually I have gained a little since I started. So I challenged my friend Amy to a challenge today! We are currently at the same weight and we have the same goal weight. So we are ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!! Her reward for reaching her goal is a tummy tuck and mine is a boob job! So we have decided that we will work hard so that we both reach our goal and recieve our reward and re-coop together. So every Wednesday, I will have my Wednesday Weigh In and post a good healthy recipe to try that week.
I don't want to starve myself, but I want to eat something of value.
So here is this weeks recipe, try it if you would like!Let me know what you think.
Crunchy, Low-Fat Summer Chicken Salad Recipe
This salad makes a nice, light lunch when served over top of lettuce greens. It also makes a nice salad filling for pita bread. One of my summer favorites! Prep and cooking times do not include time to cook chicken.
10 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 4 -6
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 teaspoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 dash garlic powder
salt and black pepper, to taste
4 ounces green seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
Mix together chicken, water chestnuts, and celery.
Blend together sour cream, mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Pour over chicken mixture and mix to combine.
Stir in grapes.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutritional facts
_________________
Calories 104
Calories from Fat 13 (12%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 6mg 2%
Sodium 362mg 15%
Potassium 254mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 21.9g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7g 10%
Sugars 10.6g
Protein 2.6g 5%
Vitamin A 329mcg 6%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg 7%
Vitamin B12 0.0mcg 0%
Vitamin C 5mg 8%
Vitamin E 1mcg 5%
Calcium 60mg 6%
Iron 0mg 4%






3 comments:
GAME ON!!!
HEY LEESA GOOD JOB! IM TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT AS WELL! EVEN THOUGH I GO TO THE GYM TWO HOURS A DAY SIX DAYS A WEEK IT DOESNT SEEM TO FALL OF LIKE IT USE TO! SO IM GOING TO TRY BODY FOR LIFE AGAIN! I HAVE TRIED IT IN THE PAST AND IT WORKED GREAT! ITS JUST HARD TO GET GOING AGAIN! BUT I'VE GOT THE WORKING OUT PART DOWN NOW I JUST NEED TO GET THE EATING RIGHT DOWN! HAHA!
HEY LEE I TAGGED U GO TO MY BLOG FOR DETAILS!
Post a Comment