THE BASEMENT!! Well the storage room in the basement at my grandparents house scared the crap out of me. It was this small little space that went back under the stairs and we had food storage in it. When I was younger, we never went down stairs except to play. My bedroom was down there but I would always sleep upstairs.
Now when I was a kid, there were 2 things that scared me so bad that I would have nightmares. One, Gremlins. I hated those little things and I always thought that there were those pods back in that room under the stairs. I had this little system that I had tricked my mind into thinking would work, "if I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and hit the top stair, I would be safe." Ok, so a little corny yes, but you know what the funny part of it is???? I still do it to this day. I know, I'm a freak.
The second thing I was scared of (and still am) is E.T. He scared the bigeesees out of me. He lived in the storage room too with the gremlin pods. I cannot see watch either of these shows to this day and my kids get a kickout of that. I have tried, it is just some thing I can't do. It was a little frightening to find these pics. NIGHTMARES FOR A WEEK NOW!!! GOTTA SLEEP WITH THE LIGHT ON!! The place I felt the most at ease is the family room at my grandparents house. I lived there most of my life off and on. Anyway, this was the tv room at the back of the hose and it had this giant window that would let in the light and you could see the most amazing view of Timp. I remember as a kid, we would break out the popcorn popper and pour our drinks from the glass returnable bottles, (my fave was my grandpa's TAB), light a fire and watch movies. In the summer we would have the giant windows open and the breeze would waft through.






6 comments:
I have very good memories sitting in your grandparents family room! Ah, the fireplace. That was the best place...LOL!
I had to tell Skyler about the things you are afraid of because he thought I was the ONLY person in the universe afraid of E.T.!! I hated that show when I was little and after endless nightmares I never saw it again. And I hate basements so bad that if the laundry has to be changed at night, Sky has to do if for me because I am such a paranoid person. Ha Ha, that is funny!
THATS FUNNY I DONT REMEMBER YOU BEING SCARED OF THE STORAGE ROOM! I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE MORE SCARED OF THINGS AT MY HOUSE THEN YOURS! HAHAHA! I REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS DRINKING YOUR GRANDPAS TAB! I HATED THAT DRINK! HAHAHA! I LOVED PLAYING IN THEIR FRONT ROOM I REMEMBER ALWAYS PLAYING SCHOOL OR BARBIE'S WE HAD LOTS OF FUN TIMES IN THEIR HOUSE! I REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS MAKING CRACKERS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE AND PAPRIKA! THOSE WERE FUN DAYS!
HEY LEESA HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MEMORY TUESDAY QUESTIONS? I THINK I WOULD GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE TO POST! LET ME KNOW!
I was definitely more scared of things at your house. I will never forget the night we saw the ghost walk through the hall. I get my questions from my friend Amy who gets them from our friend Heather and so on-- Just borrow the question every week unless you think of one of your own that week. I am also going to have another blog about scrapbooking going- It does give me something to blog at least once a week.
I have to say gremlins scared the crap out of me too. I always sat by the heater vent in the hall. I put my nightgown over the vent and laid there to get warm, I have to say I think that this was my safe place. I was soooooo scared of the basement, we tried to make it fun but it always spooked us in the long run.
Fun memories
Post a Comment