CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Nice weekend!

I love nice relaxing and fun weekends that are spent with family and friends and this was definitely one of them. Friday was the last day of school and after the girls got home and were screaming "NO MORE SCHOOL!!" about 50 times, we headed down to Spanish Fork to go to lunch with my mom and her friend Jon. We went to The Pizza Factory and it was delish. I had been craving my zucchini noodles and they were so up to my expectation. Later that day I went with Tara to help her get Bunco prizes.
Saturday morning, we woke up early and headed over to help the firefighters make breakfast for the city. They did a fundraiser to help the department and I think Jon cooked about 500 pancakes himself. He isn't much of a pancake eater, but he did a good job cooking them. After we cleaned up, the kids were dying of heat and asked if they could go swimming. So we called Nana and asked if they could come swim in the pool. She was more than happy to have them come over. This was the perfect time for Jon and I to spend some time together. So we decided to go to the Parade of Homes. Jon had never been and he didn't know how fun it would be to just walk around other houses. I told him it was fun and just come along with me because I really wanted to go. What a trooper. After we had lunch at our Fave place (Taco Amigo) we headed for the first house. Surprise to him, Jon enjoyed himself. He is funny though because he picks out all of the flaws with the building. We went to this Million $$$ house and there was a cupboard that you couldn't use because there was a light in the way. DUH!! Only Jon.
After a long afternoon and many booties later (not Jons fave) we finally saw a house that was worth seeing. It was in American Fork and I absolutely loved it. It had a castle motif and there were so many details that I loved about it. Including my favorite rooms, the tanning room and the scrapbook room. What else does any house need besides maybe a bed and a potty.
Then we went home and got ready for BUNCO!! We play couples bunco with 5 other couples. It is nice for us to get together as adults and just hang out and talk. We trade off who is in charge that month. This month was Jeff and Tara. She did such a good job. She made Hamburgers and yummy spinach salad and had my new favorite fruit with dip (2 die for). It was so much fun. After some good food and a lot of talking to catch up what has been happening with our lives lately, we heard the dinger! ONES!!! Well, I hate to toot my own horn but, WE WON!! .My husband kicks butt at Bunco. We ended up with a combined High score and the most Buncos with 8 (6 of them being Jons-like I said- He kicks butt) I was excited to win any of the prizes because they were all wonderful, but we ended up with the BBQ set. It had a plethora of item inside a metal basket that covers your food (way cute) including tools, an apron, towels, spices and corn holders! I loved IT! We did have a little bit of trauma that night because Jon was hurting, but we got over it and snuggled.
Sunday morning, we woke up and went to breakfast with some friends of ours, Jeff and Tala, that moved to Idaho that we haven't seen in about 2 years. It was so good to catch up and talk about old times. They recently went through the temple and we were talking about the experiences that led them to that. We are so proud of them and it is so neat that they have had that experience as a family. They had their 4 kids sealed to them. Wow. We planned a trip to go up and see them soon, then said our goodbyes. I loved seeing them.
When we got home, Jon wanted to go for a ride on the wheeler. Brekyn was sick and Tukar was laying down for a nap, so what a perfect time to go. We called Jeff and Tara and they packed up and went with us. We went on a nice ride then stopped to shoot a little. I have to say, I love shooting targets!
Then we came home and cooked up some means steaks and then went to bed early. It was Nice to just relax. I know it sounds like we were go go go the whole weekend, but it was a relaxing go because it was on our own time.

I also want to say Happy Birthday to Fathead too. We have been friends for many years and I love ya tonz. Thanks for always being there for us

1 comments:

SANDY said...

DANG YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME I LOVE TO GO TO THE PARADE OF HOMES! ITS SO FUN AND I LOVE TO GET IDEAS! JEFF IS THE SAME WAY WHEN IT COMES TO CHECKING OUT FLAWS! ITS FUNNY I GUESS WHEN YOU DO THAT LINE OF WORK FOR AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THEY JUST HAVE AN EYE FOR POINTING STUFF OUT! AND HELLO YOU CAME OUT TO SPANISH FOR LUNCH AND DIDNT CALL ME! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT! HAHA! ANYWAY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A FUN WEEKEND!