CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~Memory Tuesday~

Write about the time when you first found out you were going to have a baby...


Wow! I am not sure that I can remember all the details since it has been over 12 years ago. I do remember that we were living in our first apartment and trying to get through all of the newlywed blunders (lid on the toothpaste, etc..) I do remember that we had only been married for about 2 months when I started feeling funny. I was so b**tchy all the time and couldn't figure out why. I knew that I was on birth control. I had started it before we got married so it would have been kicked in. But I had gotten very sick before the wedding so my Grandma gave me some Penicillin to take so I would get better quicker. I wanted to be able to enjoy my wedding and especially our honeymoon. I was a little on the messed up side in the woman dept. for a while so I took a test just to see what it said. WALLAH!! There was that little pink line. What was I going to do. I was only 19 years old and had just got married. I was a little scared to tell Jon, but when I did, he was excited about it. The one thing that I remember so clearly was when I told my mom.
We went over to her house and she was outside and I said "Mom, were having a baby." I was a little scared for the reaction, but not prepared for the one I got. She was furious. She yelled at me and then said "I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDMA!" We decided to leave till things cooled down, and of course they did. Then she was ecstatic about the whole thing. Then when we found out it was a girl, we went and bought a pink carnation and took it to her at work. She screamed and started crying.
Then our little Sydnie was born.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh the young days!! That is the funniest picture! It seriously doesn't even look like either of you.

SANDY said...

I TOTALLY REMEMBER THIS PICTURE!! HAHAHAHA! I THINK I STILL EVEN HAVE IT! IT KIND OF FUNNY TO LOOK BACK AT OLD PICTURES! WASNT THIS YOUR WEDDING INVITATION PICTURE?