Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Camping in who knows where???
I got a call on Thursday from Jon asking if we were going to go camping. I said "I don't know" then he replied very sternly "do you not want to ride your new wheeler?" I was shocked. He had done it. He bought us a wheeler. So we shopped, packed and headed south! We met up with Angie and Jason and followed them out to the desert. I couldn't tell you where we were. Somewhere by a little town called Elberta. There we set up our camp and waited for the herd to come in. We brought our dogs with us and so did they. That was a little traumatic. Her name was Ruby and she is about the size of a snack for my dogs. I was a little scared how the boys would react to her. They were excited at first then got used to her. Then it was Tukars turn. He freaked out. He does great with large dogs, it is the little kick me ones that he freaks out about. Every time the dog would come near him, he would scream and run in the trailer.
The next day Craig and Tonie and their girls Katlyn and McKinkey came up. They are some friends of Jason and Angie's. They were so sweet and Syd and Katlyn instantly clicked. It was good for her. Then more and more people started arriving including Dave and Amy in their "NEW RIDE!" They got a new trailer and it has a "real toilet". If any of you know Amy, she hates to camp because they had a tent trailer with out a toilet. So this is a good thing.
By the end of the night we ended up with about 7 couples, their kids, and their dogs, and their wheelers. Wow what a crowd. The herd had definitely arrived.
The next day we went out and did some riding with everyone. It was so fun. Craig new of some cool places to take us including an old train tunnel and an old abandoned mine shaft. It was cool because when you looked down, you couldn't see the bottom. We all took our turns throwing things down to see if we could hear them hit, then someone came up with the brilliant idea to send down a burning bottle full of gas to see if we could see the bottom. Well after siphoning gas out of a wheeler, we lit it and dropped it. No luck. It burned out before it hit the bottom. Oh well. Back to camp.
The next day we did a bit more riding and we took Tukar with us this time. He fell right asleep. Maybe from the rev of the engine or the rocking back and forth on the rocks. Any way it was a good nap for him.
A few things that happened on this trip:
* My son overcame his fear of little dogs, well Ruby at least
* We learned to ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET after my nephew crashed on his wheeler
* I introduced a lot of people to the concept of cooking bickits over the fire
* We made new friends
* I SHOT A HANDGUN!!!! and did a dang good job at it
* We got a new wheeler and I learned how to drive it (it's not an automatic)
* We learned you can get sunburned from the clouds.
All in all we had a blast and I can't wait to do it again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment