So if you know me at all you know that I am NOT a reader. I was diagnosed my senior year with a form of dyslexia (I know good timing right??) So I just DON'T read books. It takes me way to long and I don't have a good grasp on patience at this stage in my life. I did get tricked into reading a book a few years back right before the first "Harry Potter" movie came out. My mom has always bugged me to read the book and I guess she knew me well enough that she just came and read the book to me as I cleaned my house. I became so intrigued that I stopped and listened. It was amazing. I had to know how it finished so after she read me a few chapters, I finished it. It took me about 2 weeks to do it though. I read slow. So then I had to have more. It was like a drug, I read all of them. I loved them. I didn't know how I could ever read anything else that was comparable. That was until I gave into the pressure again. When I was at my retreat, some of the girls were talking about these books and how great they were. The name of the books are "Twilight", "New Moon" and "Eclipse". They were written my a girl from BYU. I guess they are geared towards teens. I wasn't too interested at first, but they just kept on about them. It sparked my interest. Then after hearing from a few more people about how "great" these books were, I gave in. I was wandering around Target and I saw the very books that everyone had been ranting about. So I bought it. I really didn't think that it would make it out of the bag. I thought it would just be something else I would have to dust. Then a couple of night later I couldn't sleep and the TV had nothing on it so I pulled it out of the bag and decided to give it a try. It was hard to get my brain to work on the first couple of pages. Like I said, I DON'T read. So my brain was in shock. Then the story started to form in my head and I could see the faces of Bella and Edward so clearly. I was just like I had done with the Harry Potter books.
After we had left for camping, I realized that I had forgetten the book and my sweet Hubby drove back home to get it. I was mesmorized. Every spare moment I had was dedicated to finding out what was going to happen next! Then it was done. One of the shortest times it has ever taken me to finish a book. I neglected my house and kids for a couple of days, but wow it was worth it. Now I can't wait to read the next one and the next one then to see the movie in December!!! AAAHHHH! It's like a new drug. I am addicted!


5 comments:
Good job Chickie! I'm impressed. The second one is kind of slow at first but the third one is VERY exciting!
I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THESE BOOKS FROM EVERYONE! I JUST STARTED READING THE FIRST ONE! I 'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES!
I LOVE these books too! I cannot wait for the fourth (and final) book to come out. I liked the second one and the third, but nothing is quite like "Twilight". I just saw on the news, ironically, that the trailor is out for the movie....can't wait to see it!
Hey Leesa! So good to see you! I just have to tell you how much I enjoy your kids! Sydnie comes and helps me all the time during recess (so sweet) and Brekyn sometimes tags along! Anyway I just loved teaching Brekyn and wish I had 25 just like her. Good for you on reading- I am so not a reader....maybe cuz I read lots of books to my kids? I know, I know, good excuse right? Actually I really have been wanting to read those books so now that Scottie is gone I will have to try them out! Anyway it was great to hear from ya!-Love ya!
HEY LEESA IT ME AGAIN I JUST HAVE OT TELL YOU I READ TWILIGHT AND THE NEW MOON IN 2 1/2 DAYS I LOVE THE BOOKS! IM GOING TO START THE THIRD ONE PROBABLY TOMORROW I HAVE TO GET THINGS DONE AROUND MY HOUSE! SINCE I HAVE BEEN READING FOR DAYS NOW! WE WILL HAVE TO GET A WHOLE BUNCH OF GIRLS TOGETHER AND ALL GO WATCH THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT! I CANT WAIT FOR THE FOURTH BOOK IM GOING TO DIE WAITING FOR IT!
Post a Comment