CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2008

~60 years together~

What a milestone! 60 years ago today, Lynn married the girl of his dreams. LoRaine Faddis was that girl. Over the last 60 years, they raised 4 children, have 13 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren with 2 on the way! They have lived in the same house for most of their marriage.
They are such an inspiration to me. They have always shown me what the true meaning of the word LOVE is. They have always set such a good example to all of our family. They started the 3's thing with our entire family, and most of us have continued to do it in our own families. (for those of you who don't know-- the #3 is a special number in our family. Everything revolves around that particular number)
They have both stuck together through thick and thin, richer or poorer, sickness and in health. They have both had some health issues lately that have kept them apart from each other. My grandma had to go to a assisted living center to help her with her health, and my grandpa makes sure that he gets up to see her 3 times a week and he calls her every night to tell her good night and give her 3 kisses. That's love.
I can only hope that I can take all of the advise and examples that my grandparents have given me and apply it to my own marriage. Happy Anniversary grandma and papa!

3 comments:

SANDY said...

THAT IS SUCH A BIG INSPIRATION TO US YOUNG COUPLES! IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE SEEN THEM! THEY TOO WERE SUCH A BIG PART OF MY CHILDHOOD! I WISH THEM WELL! ITS SAD I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOUR GRANDMA WAS IN ASSISTED LIVING! YOUR GRANDPA IS SUCH A SWEET MAN, AND SUCH A CARING HUSBAND! HE TAKES SUCH GOOD CARE OF YOUR GRANDMA! SO HOW ARE THEY BOTH DOING? I HOPE THEY ARE DOING WELL!

Holly said...

WOW!!!! Very neat!

SANDY said...

WHAT THE HECK WHERE IS YOUR MEMORY TUESDAY?