What is something that you just can't manage to be without?
I would so love to say that there is something so sweet and wonderful that I can't be without, like the love of my sweet husband or the sweet sounds of my children's laughs, but truthfully, there is only one thing that I absolutely cannot function without. I simply cannot lay my head down to rest without the comfortable feel of my "pooh" snuggled under my chin. Yes! I sleep with a stinkin' wooby! My security blankie! My mom made him for me when she was pregnant with me. His name is "pooh" and I have slept with him EVERY night of my life. I take him everywhere with me (even mt honeymoon). Jon knows that he plays second fiddle to my "pooh". He has threatened a few times to throw him away, and I asked him if he would like to NEVER sleep in our bed again. He has decided against discarding him (for now at least). He has been so good about him though and gotten up in the middle of the night to go find him for me. He knows what a long night it would be without it. When I went to Richfield to visit Jon when he was out of town, I accidentally left it in his hotel room when I went home. He called me to tell me and I seriously pulled an illegal u-turn on the freeway to turn around to get him. That is what I mean by I cannot be without it!
The poor thing has lived such a good life and has always been there for me. He has caught my tears when a boy broke my heart, and snuggled me to sleep when I sick or scared. I almost had a heart attack though when Sydnie was young because she thought it would be a good idea to take some scissors to him. Jon thought he was going to have to commit me for a while there. Good thing I love her so much. If you ever saw him though, you would think "that is the grossest thing I have ever seen" and then try to pick it up with some tongs and throw it in a hazardous materials bag! I sure love it though. My mom has offered several times to sew it inside of another cover, but it's not the same.
So now that I have shared my deepest darkest secret, think what you will, but I will sure be snuggly tonight with my hubby on one side and my "pooh" and the other.






2 comments:
That made me laugh! But I too have a security blanket! I is one I made for young womens...It is only hakf tied now...But I still take it with me! Brent has threatened to throw it away! I too cannot sleep with out it! I love you and miss you tons! :) MUAH!!!
oh don't you worry!!!
my security blanket's name is "silky" and it's a silky pillowcase that i've had since i was 2
i thought that i had lost it once and it was horrible!
i have even cut it in half so that there will always be 2 :)
nope...no issues here!?!
Post a Comment