CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

~Memory Tuesday~

First of all I just want to congratulate Amy on her new job! I am so glad she found something closer to home!
So on that note... here is the question

What jobs have you had and which one was your favorite??
I have had a couple of jobs. My first one was with my mom and I worked doing demolition to apartments so that my mom could redo them. I was only 14 and made bank for back then. It was when I lived in Nashville. I loved this job (lots of cute boys)
My second job was also in Nashville. I worked at.....drumroll......LITTLE CAESARS! This was such a fun job because i worked with all of my friends including my best friend Tim. We played around so much. My favorite memories were the pepperoni fights (and Shannon hitting a customer with one) and then we made a life size man out of dough. Way too funny.
When I moved back to Utah, my first job was at Riverside Country Club working in the Chalet. I really liked this job because I got to watch all the boys at the pool including the very nice looking life guards. What 17 year old girl wouldn't like that. I worked there until my motorcycle accident and I quit.

My next job was at Mervyn's in the Jewelry Department. I was dating Jon when I worked here. I loved the discount I got there. I worked there until I quit to go to college.
I had a couple more jobs (including Wally World and K-mart - both in the jewelry departments) They were just jobs to me. I worked at these places when we were first newlyweds and new parents. I would work at nights so Jon could watch Sydnie.
Then I got to be a mom for a while. I love this job most of all, but I got a little itch and needed to be a grown up every now and then. So I found an amazing opportunity that was kinda handed to me. I was looking in the Eagle Mountain paper and it had an add for this new scrapbook store that was coming to Saratoga and they were looking for employees. I called and found out I was the first one! I instantly hit it off with the owner Becky and we talked for over an hour. She said she wanted to see my work, so I met her at the store and showed her. She was impressed enough that she hired me on the spot. I was ecstatic. This was the job for me. What better than working at a scrapbook store. I started off as just a cashier, then worked up to teacher and designer. I had a special job of turning crap into beauty. I would take items in the store that weren't selling as great and work them in to project and show people how to use them. Then they would sell out and quick!

My favorite and least favorite part of the job was traveling. I went so many places that I had never been before such as San Antonio and the River walk, Dallas, Chicago and Navy Pier, Anaheim, and so many more. The only bad side of this was that I had 2 young kids at home that I had to leave and I missed out on a lot of stuff. I was also given an amazing opportunity to be a designer for our own paper line. I was going to see my paper on shelves. We took our line to a consumer show and people loved it. We were going to be in 4 continents. Unfortunately, the owner was not to busy savvy and she shut the the door with only a two hour notice. I was really sad because I had made some amazing friends and who knew if I would see them again. I loved to teach and design. I looked a little bit for another job and found one up at Gardner Village being a teacher there, but I soon found out that I was preggo with Tukar and decided that I needed to be a mom again.
So that is my job now. Being a mom to three kids. A pre-teen girl, an obstinate 8 year old, and a rowdy rambunctious 2 year old boy. My life consists of soccer, softball, school, trying to be a good wife and mother, and also a good friend. A new research analysis reveals that stay-at-home moms would earn $131,471 in annual salary, including overtime pay, if paid in cash in addition to the steady flow of rewarding hugs and kisses from their children. They consulted with a representative sampling of stay-at-home moms before finalizing a list of the top seven job titles that fit the average mom's job description. Ranked in order from most time-consuming to least time-consuming, the list included the titles of Daycare Center Teacher, Taxi Driver, Housekeeper, Cook, CEO, Nurse and General Maintenance Worker. Wow I wish I could get paid, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. (well maybe a part time job at night so I could be a grown up again!)

2 comments:

katie said...

the good old creative garden!!!

and to think...if it was not for that place, we never would've met :) and i do miss it :(

lol wally world and little caesers!

SANDY said...

HAHA TIM DO YOU STILL TALK TO HIM? I REMEMBER talking to him on the phone before he came to visit and he asked me if i had horns or if anyone i knew has them! lol