I have fallen a little behind on what's been going on with us. Last weekend (Labor day) we took our final camping trip for the season. I wish that wasn't true, but the next couple of weekends that we could camp are full of baptisms, softball games, soccer, and getting ready for winter (you know all that fall cleaning and yard work to do before the SNOW!!!)
My mom had gone up the canyon the weekend before and spent an entire week alone in solidarity. How amazing would that be. She had time to think about anything and everything. She had no schedule, no work, no nagging and no worries. Wow, jealous! We went up the next Friday and sort of took over her life. She went from pure quietness, to having 5 of us. (and I think that as busy as Tukar is, he should count as 3!) Then Scott, Lisa and their 2 girls came up and set up camp too!
We all relaxed and just played cards ALL weekend. One of the highlights for me was making a Dutch Oven dinner. I have never cooked dutch oven and was a little nervous. Lisa had a
couple of dutch ovens that she brought so i was in charge of dinner and she was in charge of dessert. I had looked the whole week before for an awesome recipe. I decided to kinda do my own thing and I made YUMMY Chicken Enchiladas. I hate to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT!! They were pretty dang good! then Lisa made a SUPER YUMMY Apple Cobbler. Wow~ I am totally hooked mow into dutch oven cooking. I need to find us a couple of them (I know a good xmas present now for Jon)
On Sunday, we decided to take the kids on a hike up to the Hot Pots. I haven't been up there in years, and Jon has never been so we decided to go. Plus Brekyn could earn a Try It for going. We packed up some drinks and snacks and were on our way. The girls got a little tired
on the way up and kept asking "how much further???" Jon kept telling them "were almost there, I promise" the WHOLE WAY THERE!
I forgot how x-rated it could get up there. They need to have a sign posted that says "BEWARE OF PERVERTS!" Oh that's right they do but it says "beware of bon*rs!" That's the truth. Sydnie and Lexi led the group and they were the first to arrive on the scene. Sydnie let out a little disgusted noise and said "OOOHHH GROSS!" Well that is when I realized that we were finally there, and so were the pervs! I just have a question..... for those of you that have been there, does it make the water better if you sit in it naked? I mean we are up there on a Sunday afternoon weekend and there are naked OLD guys up there, and alone I mus
t say! Jon and Scott got a little pissed off because then when we had our 4 little girls there, they didn't have enough decency to get dressed. PERVS!!!
After we got back from our 4 mile hike, the guys made our day and decided to take ALL the kids fishing. Finally some time to relax. While they were there, they all caught a fish. Some even big enough to keep and eat. Tukar caught his first fish and he freaked when it came out and w
as wiggling around. When they got back, I asked Tukar how big his fish was and he showed me with his little hands spread out! He is a true fisherman for sure.
After we got back from our 4 mile hike, the guys made our day and decided to take ALL the kids fishing. Finally some time to relax. While they were there, they all caught a fish. Some even big enough to keep and eat. Tukar caught his first fish and he freaked when it came out and w
Later that night we got totally poured on so we set up shop under the awning and played a little cards while the kids sat in and watched movies (thank goodness for generators!)
Besides pervs, spiders the size of a small car, and the rain, it was a great trip!
Besides pervs, spiders the size of a small car, and the rain, it was a great trip!
______________________________________________________________
Utah State Fair
Tukar was really fun with the animals. I loved watching him see these kind of animals so up close for the first time. Heck all my kids were fun to watch. I don't know if those sheltered kids have ever seen a cow so close before. We learned where we get our meat and pork from and I thought for a second that it would turn Brekyn into a vegetarian, then she said "who cares wher
e it's from as long as it tastes good!" Good thinking I guess. Then we learned how many cups of milk it takes to make ice cream. Did you know it takes 11 cups of milk to make 1/2 gallon of ice cream?? So crazy! They got to pet goats, and pigs, and I talked to the girls about where wool comes from and we felt the sheep's wool. Then we got to see a woman actually spinning clean wool into yarn. The girls were pretty a
mazed. We were going to stay for the rodeo, but the kids were really tired and we had to get ready for school so maybe next time. I really enjoyed what the true meaning of the State Fair really is and I would definitely go back again. I told my kids I was going to challenge them to come up with something to enter for next year. I think Sydnie is going to do some photography. I think it would be fun for them. Heck I may even enter something in. They had a whole scrapbook section that I could be a part of.






0 comments:
Post a Comment