Sorry a bit late, I have really been slacking on this lately. Trying to organize life. Now thats kids are in school, I can get back to my schedule. So here is this weeks memory...
"Who was your childhood best friend and are you still in contact?
Well I had 3 really good best friends when I was a kid. They were all in different stages in my life.
My first one was Sandy Hancock. We lived 3 houses away from each other and were always together. We would go on vacations with the others families, we would ALWAYS have sleep overs and we got into some trouble together. We were pretty inseparable. She moved to Clearfield when I was in 5th grade (she was in 4th) I think and even after she moved, we still spent a couple of summers together. Her uncle lived in the house so we would see each other when she came down to visit. I remember us getting in to little spats because we were both so stubborn that we both anted OUR way. It seemed to keep us friends though. We still keep in contact (mostly through our blogs) but I would love to go to lunch and really catch up! She is married now with 3 kids and living in Spanish Fork. Her mom still lives in the house 3 doors down from my mom.
My next best friend was Michelle Waycasy. We moved down by the junior high and she lived just a couple of houses away. It was a pretty instant friendship. She was a couple of years older than me but we got along very well. We were ALWAYS together. When I got in to 7th grade, she was in 9th. I remember being scared that she would ignore me, but just the opposite. We even shared a locker. Her grandma owned Regals Bowling alley so we would go there ALL the time. I remember making little houses in the playroom, sleeping in the van, toilet papering, playing prison with her brothers, and just hanging out ALL the time. I haven't seen her for a couple of years but we still send xmas cards to each other. She married her high school sweetheart Eric and they have 4 or 5 kids now. Last I heard, they lived in Santaquin.
Next was my friend Candy Gregg. She was my best friend when I lived in Nashville. She was my first friend that I met when I moved there and I was so grateful to have met someone where I knew no one. We instantly clicked. We lived in the same condo complex and we were also inseparable. We played softball together and her family was my family and vise versa. Our parents were also best friends. Her dad took me in like I was one of his own. She was always there for me especially through those "formative" years. At first we went to different High schools, but she shortly transferred over to good ole John Overton High School. She was a year older than me and could drive. We were always together. I would even go stay with her when her and her little sister (and mine) Andi would go to their moms for their visits. The last time I got to see Candy was hen I took my family (including my mom) back to Nashville for her wedding (to Kevin) when Tukar was just 2 weeks old. I was excited to still be a part of her life. Our families always spent Thanksgivings and Christmas' together and we still make sure we talk to each other on those days. I get email from Dad and Renee (his wife) every week. They are my family and I miss them so much. I wish we could see each other more.
I still talk to these girls. Not as much as I would like to though. When I think of my childhood, these girls instantly come into a lot of the memories that I have.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
you always seem to have the best memories at the right time!
i just spent the week with my childhood best friend and remembering some of the best memories...i was even going to post about it so now i for sure will!
:) thanks and email me your #
katie242424@hotmail.com so that we can now do lunch since the kids are in school :)
These 3 girls were such good friends to you and I loved them all as my own. You have good friends now too. Amy, Lisa, Leslie. I love all these girls too. You have always been lucky to find good friends. I think the only time you had "not so good" girl friends was in high school.... Jane & Sara for example. But I think most girls in high school are going through their own wierd crap and get pretty flaky. I have good memories of you and Sandy playing Barbies, Michelle and the crazy dare devil stuff and growing up with Candy.
I THINK WE HAD SUCH A FUN CHILDHOOD TOGETHER! I SWEAR WE WERE HOOKED AT THE HIP! WE HAD SOME FUN TIMES! EVEN WHEN I MOVED AWAY WE STILL SEEN EACH OTHER! ITS CRAZY NOW THAT WE LIVE SO COSE TO EACH OTHER WE NEVER EVEN SEE EACH OTHER! SOME HOW WE WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THAT! LOL
Post a Comment