CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memory Tuesday (a day late)

What is your favorite birthday memory?
So I wanted to wait a day to do this memory Tuesday because 22 years ago today I experienced my best birthday ever. I turned 10 years old and I remember standing in the center of the street in Disneyland and watching the fireworks with my mom and we were hugging each other. We had saved up for what seemed like forever to take this trip to California.We went with my Aunt Nene, Uncle Brent, and Jeremy, Hayden and Calvin. There was a lot we did while we were there and there are a TON of memories, (RATBURGER) but I remember this day the BEST of all. It was the best birthday I ever had and I remember my mom bought me my first Minnie Mouse watch and a sweatshirt for me. It was a big deal for me because we didn't have a lot of money so for her to do this was pretty cool.

Sydnie said something last night that really kinda got to me. I have never been big on birthdays. It just means I am getting OLDER and I HATE that. But Sydnie said that she was glad that it was my birthday cause if I wasn't born, then neither would she. That made sense! That was a great way to think and that is how I will forever think of my birthday! (It makes it A LOT easier!)
BTW- 21+11 this year!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEESA!!!
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Megan C. said...

Happy Birthday Leesa! I hope you've had an amazing day!!

katie said...

happy birthday leesa!!! i hope that you had fun day even though it sucks to get old :)

once again...thanks for the memory day idea!

Nana said...

Oh...I remember that birthday too. It is my second best "your birthday" memory. The first is your actual birth day. I remember you working you little fingers off punching holes out of diskette holders to earn your own spending money. And I remember you sleeping in my office more than one night while I worked to earn that extra bonus for extra spending money. We worked hard for that trip...and it was so fun. I too remember standing in the middle of Disneyland Main street, holding you on my hip hugging each other so tight and crying durning the fireworks because we were both so happy to be there. I was just so happy that I could make you that happy. I loved the awe on your face during the Electrical Parade and watching you sleep that night with minnie in your arms. I am glad that is a good memory for you because it is a wonderful one for me. Love you Angel Bug.......

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!!! That Minnie Mouse shirt is HOT! ha ha ha. Don't stress about getting old, I think we just get better with age!

SANDY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEESA! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU GUYS WENT ON YOUR TRIP! I REMEMBER YOU TELLING ME ABOUT SOMEONE FARTING ON THE WAY THERE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND YOU HAD TO PULL OVER AND AIR OUT THE CAR! LOL!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Leesa! Our little get together was so fun. I hope that you liked my birthday sing that I sang.
Isn't it funny how much we remember from being little? Reading this I started remembering small things that I might of forgotton, and you know It is now up to us to make sure our kids remember things like you just wrote about. (trips, vacations, birthdays, thing like that) Happy Birthday