CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Water vs. Diet Coke

Well if you know me at all you know that I DON"T DRINK WATER! I belive that Diet Coke should have its own section in the food pyramid. I drink Diet Coke morning ~ noon ~ and night. That was until recently. I don't know what it was but something lit a fire under my a**. Last week as I was wandering down the isles of my favorite jaunt (WALLYWORLD!!!) and I was admiring all of the new summer stuff and there stood a cute green jug with a squirty on it. It hot me that I am going to make a commitment (to myself) to drink one of these a day BEFORE I can have a Diet Coke. The jug I got is 75 ounces and when I went to the spa with my girls Tara and Shanna (thanks to Big John BTW) the woman there told me that you should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in water a day. Well this was a little more so I thought-- SCORE!! I have this thing with drinking water through a squirty so it was perfect. And the hole was big enough that I grabbed some lemons and limes to slice up and stick inside (to give it some flavor because I think water is NASTY!) Well it has worked for me for 1 week now. I decided that I need to lose weight and this was a good way to help. I also have cut out the junk food and have been snacking on fruit and veggies. I really think my body is going through SHOCK! Well I thought that the weight would just start falling off once I started drinking water and eating better. Nope! I guess I will just keep at it but I tell you if it doesn't- I am going back to the DC! I do feel a little better now though. I will keep you updated on how long it lasts for me. I have great intentions all the time but bad follow through. So I am willing to give it a try!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! Keep it up, it will pay off, I promise. And start working out, that is the only way I found that the pounds fall off but it took about 2 months for me to start seeing results.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I just cant seem to give up on the diet coke it is the breakfast of champions, however I have started to drink more water and I notice I do not drink so much DC but man I so love a good diet coke with lime!!