CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

RAD KIDS!!!

Brekyn is such a fighter! I am so grateful for this program that they offer in schools now called Rad Kids. For those of you that don't know what it is, it is a class that the sheriffs come into the schools to teach the kids self defense and about stranger danger. They teach them how to fend off a predator and how to look for dangerous situations. They teach them the Rad kids stanch and the saying "STAY BACK YOUR NOT MY DAD!!!" and then how to run.
Friday was the graduation day for Rad Kids. It is a lot of fun to watch these second graders go and beat up dummies then go and try and get away from a stranger. The only problem is that the stranger in this situation is our good friend Jim Bingham. He is one of the sheriffs out by us and we know him and his family very well.
But Brekyn did a very good Job. They all did a good job. Even the shy and meek ones took a stand and were heard. It was a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish that they had this at our school. Maybey I should look into it??? I am so glad to find you in the blog world. I am saving you to my Favorites