CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The word "I"

You know "I" is such a tricky word. You use it in so many sentences but really forget the context of it's meaning. If you use it too much, you become selfish. But if you don't use it enough, you forget who you are. It is hard to determine how much the word should be used. This is the start of a New Year! I am going to play into the whole hype about what "I" am going to change about myself this year. I have done a lot of growing and changing this past year because I wasn't happy with who I was. I had hurt people, made them feel less than worthy and took too many things to heart and ended up holding a grudge. I didnt feel healthy, or happy. But in the process of changing... I lost a bit of myself. I know that change can be good, but only if you are changing the parts that really need some work. Well after learning to let go of things that I could not change, of people that I could not change, or to just give into life, I forgot who I really was, what I was really about and the things that I loved to do. I want to do the things I love because I love them. Not because anyone else loves them or not. So things I am going to work on this year...

I am...
*going to try and be a more patient person. Not only with my family and friends but with strangers as well. (I tend to be a bit of a road rager)


*going to spend more one on one time with my kids. I would love to find something that we love and do it together. Like take a cooking class with Brekyn, and go work out with Sydnie. Tukar and I have our time together everyday and I need to spend some of that time making memories with him.

*going to try and be a better wife. I need to be more understanding about what my husband goes through on a day to day basis. I want to be more supportive and appreciative of him. I know he works so hard everyday so that we can have things for our lives.

*going to get back into scrapbooking and preserving the past. Scrapbooking is so much fun and relaxing to me, but it is also important to help preserve the past. Memories are all we have of things that have shaped us into who we are. I want my children to grow up and remember the things that happened in their lives. I am going to do the Beggy Higgins Project Life. It is a photo a day of your life. I dont claim to have the most exciting life, but I do have a busy one. I want to look back in a year and see what I did with 365 days of my life.


*going to try and become a more organized person. I have become so scatterbrained in my day and I forget to do the simplest of tasks. Maybe it's an age thing. I have to have notebooks around me and calendars to remind me of what I have to do. I need to implement the task of everything has a place and every place has a thing. Maybe I need to start doing Fly Lady again to help me keep up on things. It helped a lot when I was doing it before.


*going to dedicate the time to becoming a healthier me. I have had a regime of working out 3 times a week while Tukar is at school. While the kids were out for Christmas break... I didnt make the time to go beacuse things were so hectic. I started to get into a funk and become depressed and awnry and I realized it was because I havent worked out. I am not happy with my myself so I want to change that. I am the only one with the power to do so.

Go to fullsize image


*going to try and be better at saving. I want to cut down on my shopping and try to be completely debt free (well besides my house) by the end of the year. That means I have to get rid of those pesky little things called CREDIT CARDS! They are really good at sucking you in. I want to save up for a vaycay. A time to get away! A time to regain myself. I know we will aways have bills, but I want to be more on top of them! I guess that falls back in to the organizing part of life!
Go to fullsize image


*going to read more. After years of blaming my dislexia for me not reading, I decided that I would try it. In these last couple of years I have learned to enjoy reading so much more. I does take me a little longer than others, because of the dislexia, but I am learning how to adjust to it. Last year I read about 10 books. So this year... my goal is to read at least 15!!! I have to go get me a new one today! My new Vamp book comes out and I am excited to start reading it. It is the 8th in the series! So my goal... READ MORE!


*  going to BLOG MORE!!!  I really let this bog thing go last year and I HAVE to take time out to do it! It is like my fmaily journal. I also want to keep up on my craft blog, scrapbook blog, and my personal journal. I know... TO MUCH BLOGGING! I can do it though.

*going to work on starting and FINISHING my YW Personal Progress. This is something that I never did as a girl partly because of where I lived, and partly because I didn't have the support to do it. Well since Sydnie has finished hers (way early too) she inspired me to work towards getting mine. So this is something we are going to work on together. I can only do it while I have daughter in YW so this is the perfect time to do it. Plus I think it will help me grow spiritually and help me become a better wife, mother, and daughter.
Here Wishing everyone luck for this wonderful New Year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, it gave me a lot to think about in my own life. btw i didnt know you were dyslexic, me too, oh and my birthdays nov 14th if you want to add it ;).

Love ya