CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

~27 of 365~

It was like a magic trick! So tonight I decided to make Rosemary Lime Chicken for my family. A couple of weeks ago, our fridge in the garage got turned down and all of the meat in the top of it thawed out. It was really gross because we didn't discover it for a couple of weeks either. Some of the meat that thawed was a large pack of chicken from Costco. Crap! Really wanting this chicken, I rummaged through the freezer some more and found a bag of individually frozen chicken breasts. Jackpot! There was just enough to feed our family. I thought we would even have a little too much. So I thawed them out, and carefully placed them in the pan making sure that all of the surfaces could be covered with lime juice and rosemary. The pan was full. I stuck it in the oven and for the next 40 minutes, the aroma of the spices penetrated the house. My mouth was watering thinking about eating this yummy chicken. I made some rice and some beans to go with our meal. When I pulled the pan out of the oven and uncovered it, a whoof of smells jumped out. Then when I looked in the pan.... This is what I saw....



What in the heck happened to my chicken?? I swear these started out as breasts and now they look like 'tenders. This is 6 pieces of chicken breast if you can believe it. Now this isn't my first time cooking so I'm not gonna take a lot of blame, but this chicken literally looked like some sort of scab or the sole of a shoe. I know this wouldn't have happened with my Costco chicken. No more frozen chicken for me.

0 comments: