CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

~30 of 365~

R.A.B. This stands for Remember Alex Brown. I sat and watched Extreme Home Makeover like I do every Sunday. I always get emotional watching this show, but tonights show really tug at my heartstrings. Alex Brown lost her life in a single car accident as she drove to what seemed like just another ordinary day of her senior year in high school. Although no other vehicles were involved, Alex was not alone. The cell phone on which she had sent and receive over 10,000 text messages in the weeks preceding her accident was with her. Alex lost her life to texting while driving.
I admit that I have been guilty of this more than once even though I knew there was dangers doing it. But after sitting there listening to this family's story, it really hit me. My life, my childrens lives, and the lives of everyone else are worth more than me reading a message, or sending one. So I am taking the R.A.B. pledge and promising to not text while driving.

0 comments: