And especially after hearing the election results.I have heard so many comments today about voting and "why should I vote, it doesn't count anyways." Well I read a message on a friends blog that really hit me. I voted and even though it may not turn out to be the way I wanted, at least I can vote. We live in such a wonderful country where we have so many things that we take advantage of and voting is one of them. I am proud to be an American and I am proud to live in such a place where we have the FREEDOM to cast our votes for what we want. I asked Jon today if he had voted and he said, "no, not yet." I told him that if he didn't vote, he couldn't complain. (he did vote btw) I am a firm believer in the old saying, everything happens for a reason. I just can't wait to see what that reason is.






3 comments:
Well stated my girl. And as grandpa always said... "If you don't exercise your right to vote...you give up the right to complain... no vote... no b(*&#ing." I too am so grateful that we live in a country where we can vote without fear of reprisal. Where my small voice is added to so many others and becomes a big voice. For so long we have let the lone small voice dictate our lives and I say it is time we as the majority stand up and say ENOUGH. No more letting the minority rule.. you don't like it... leave. Let the majority speak up. We need to be heard. I am proud of you that you take voting so seriously and appreciate the freedoms and the rights we have....... love mom
Hey I found your blog- it is darling! You have such a cute family, and that party last night was awesome, gotta love having a reason to buy new shoes! I really need to come to one of your scrapbook classes and learn some tricks from you!
I too was anxious all day! And even more after I heard the results! I am also gratful for the opportunity that I had to vote! I am grateful for this beautiful country we live in and the opportunities we have! Well stated!
Post a Comment