CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Scary party!

This year (as like many other years) Brekyn wanted to have a Halloween party for her birthday. I guess that makes it easy for me especially in the decorating department. It's already done! She loves dressing up as much as I do so we always make it a costume party. I have learned over the years, that simple is better. One year, I worked my butt off making mummy dogs, eyeballs, finger sticks, and some other weird concoctions that all of the kids REFUSED to eat because of what they were called. I mean for hecks sake, I had pickles and told them they were witches noses so none of the tots would eat them. Really??? So this year I made it easy (well with a little help from Little Caesars!) I did have to sneak in some witches fingers. You know the bread sticks with red almonds for the nails. They were still a little deceiving to the imagination for 9 year old so the adults enjoyed most of them.

I was very brave this year. I let the kids decorate their own caramel apples. I had fun ingredients labeled like raisins were dead spiders, chocolate sprinkles were ants, chocolate chips were bat droppings, crushed up pretzels were broken bones, and we even had some gummy worms in there. The kids had a lot of fun and the best part, I wrapped them up and sent them home with them. This was the goody bag.


We also played a game that has become very popular in our house, FIND THE BODY PARTS! I take a pumpkin, leave in all of the guts, add some cooked spaghetti with a little oil in it, and add in the key ingredient, body parts. You know the severed fingers, and eyeballs that they sell around Halloween. Perfect! It is so funny how grossed out the BOYS get! The girls are great with the stuff.
Next the kids got to feed "Elmer" He is my monster that made with a science project board. I put a face on him and cut out holes and they had points on them. My mom found these balls that were shaped like brains, a heart, and an eyeball. The kids had a lot of fun throwing the body parts into Elmers mouth and eyes! (he even had nose holes)
After the games were over, we had cake and ice cream and then opened presents. I gave the kids their apples and they watched "The Corpse Bride" until their parents came to get them. All in all it was a fun party.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! you are a great mom! i mean really who loves birthday parties as it is but man to dress up and put in all of that work, sounds like you and midge should be friends Ha Ha, she is exactly like that, I always have to go help her cause she gets ummmm, let's just say I save her from a few terrets moments:)

HeaddaMarie said...

Your girls are so pretty! I love Halloween! It has got to be one of my favorite holidays! How fun it must be to have a birthday in October! You are so creative!

katie said...

how much fun is that! you went all out and are the best mom! you are "that mom" that we all had in jr high/highschool!
and your girls are so cute and are so big and look at you miss hotttie!

seriously glad to have you back!

SANDY said...

WHAT A WAY CUTE PARTY! I WOULD HAVE LOVED FOR ONE OF MY KIDS TO HAVE BEEN BORN AROUND HALLOWEEN! IT WOULD BE SUCH A FUN PARTY TO PLAN! YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE TO COME UP WITH A THEME! SO FUN YOU HAVE WAY CUTE IDEAS! LOOKS LIKE ALL THE GIRLS HAD A GREAT TIME!!

Holly said...

Looks like loads of fun! Where the crud do you find all the energy???