Ok so I have been a little slackin in the Memory department so I am trying to get back on track.
Things have been really weird for me lately and I have been thinking a lot about what is important in my life. First and foremost is my family. My husband and children are the most cherished things in my life. I could not live without any of them. My husband gives me strength and unconditional love. He is my best friend. He loves me no matter what I do or say or even look like. He is such a rock for me to lean on. I feel like even though we may bicker every now and then, we have an incredible marriage. We share something that is indescribable. Then there is my kids. I love them with all of my being. I would do anything for them and I pray each day that they will grow to be good well rounded people who aren't judgemental and belittling. I pray that they will always find the good in others without getting stepped on.
Next is my family, my mom and grandparents and all of the others whom I love deeply. I love all of them for who they are and what they stand for. There are some who I don't get to see a lot, but they are never far from my mind.
Then there are friends. Someone told me once that friends weren't important to have. But I think they are. They help make us who we are. They help us through trying times. (and sometimes they make the trying times) It is hard to find good friends though. Ones that you can truly trust. I have had my share of bad ones as have many of you, but I have decided to forgive and forget. Any of the bad things that have ever happened to me from a friend or family member, have made me who I am. It has made me stronger and I am very grateful for that. I love my friends and I appreciate the ones who can stop and listen and take a minute. I found this poem and I loved it....
Everyone young or old, needs someone to listen as their stories are told.
The difference is your to make, a minute from your busy day is all it would take.
Take a minute and lend an ear, listen intently to what you hear.
Take a minute and you will see, just how powerful listening can be.
Take a minute to offer a smile and a touch, your sincerity means so much.
Take a minute and simply be kind, a friend for life may be what you find.
Patricia A Gordon
I just want to tell the people in my life that I truly love them and you have all made some sort of impact in my life. (ok so some good and some bad, but an impact all the same) I know we all have busy lives, but stop a sec and make a call to someone who may have crossed your mind. I know that it has made a difference to me on bad days when someone calls just to say hi. It means I mean something to that person. So to all of you, I am saying hi. You are all being thought of.
We recently had a lesson in Activity days that talked about this very thing. It was humbling to hear what the girls had to say about what the word friendship means to them. We talked about how contagious a smile was and I gave them a challenge to stop a minute and give someone a smile because you don't know how bad they need it.
so here is the memory
~Have you been someones friend and have truly lived up to the meaning, maybe by just giving them a minute?? or a smile??
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
good memory choice and i agree with everything that you said!
will you please email me?
katie242424@hotmail.com
lets talk. lets really plan lunch. lets get together. lets see your new inventions that i've always loved!
Well done. I love you for your strength and courage and am so proud that you can and will stand up for what you feel and believe in. I love that you are honest... some people do not appreciate that but they are usually the ones that can't face the truth about themselves. I love that you give people extra chances no matter how they have betrayed or hurt you. I love that you do try to see the good in everyone. I love the relationship you have with Jon and how you can disagree with each other but are so united and devoted to each other and to your children. I love you for exactly who you are and am so proud of the person you have turned out to be. You ARE a very good person...be yourself. If you try to be who others want you to be... you are betraying yourself and you will never be truly happy. Love Mom.
Post a Comment