Jon, Tukar and I went on a quick trip to Denver to see our nephew Bryce graduate from Horizon High School. We flew out Monday night with Jon's sister Angie and her 2 girls Charley (3) and Justice (5 months). Wow.... traveling with 3 small children is a lot of work. It was nice that Tukar had someone to play with the whole time though. Him and Charley got a long so good! That made it really nice. They got to be buddies!
We started out by almost being late for our plane. We gotstuck in traffic on I-15 for about 30 minutes to some girl could do a news report. They had 3 lanes of traffic blocked off at rush hour just for her. I wish I had that much influence. Anyways...we got to the airport and got on our plane. Tukar was so excited because this was his first time on a plane (I lied- he went on a plane when he was 12 days old) But this time he could remember. He was so cute. He had his little back pack full of things for him to do. He carried it around like he was all that! He had such a big smile on his face and could not wait til he could go through the clouds. After we got there, we got our car and headed to find our Hotel. Usually when we go out there, we stay with Jon's other sister, but she already had guests coming to her house. Mom and dad were also going out there. We met up to eat at Old Chicago. The kids were so exhausted from such a busy day and we had another busy day coming up! Tuesday was the big day! We all met up at D's house and took some family pics. D had a few surprises up her sleeve for the graduate! As we were all sitting there waiting, the first surprise showed up! A limo! I had never ridden in a limo before so I was excited. Jon was as well. My cute little MIL was more excited than anyone! She cracks me up. When it first pulled up, she thought it was somebody famous coming to see us! So we all loaded up and took off! Our next surprise was where we were eating. CHEESECAKE FACTORY!! I had never eaten dinner there before so that was exciting as well. My dinner was deelish! I will definitely eat there again. Thank goodness we have one in Utah now. Bryce thought he was all that and that was the point I guess. So after the graduation (CONGRATS TO BRYCE BTW!!!!) we all headed back to the house for some yummy cheesecake! We had another long day ahead of us and the kids were so tired so we headed back to our hotel. The next day came and we had to pack up and get ready to go home. We had breakfast and headed over to D's. We all sat and played cards for a bit until it was ready to leave. If you know my MIL- you know that it is standard to sit and play cards with her. She loves her games! Then it was back onto the airplane and off for home. We got back, got our luggage, and found our car. I could not believe what we found when we got going though.....SOMEONE HAD SIPHONED OUR GAS! Jon is really anal about having gas in the car at ALL times so we knew we had at least a half a tank when we parked to leave. Now we were so below empty that it took all the fumes we had to get to the first gas station! It was a fun trip, but too short. I wish I could have spent more time with my sister and nephews while we were there. That just means we will have to go back soon!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time. And the limo looked so fun! And happy birthday to Sydnie, I can't believe you have a teenager! Skyler says to tell Syd happy birthday!
Post a Comment