CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do you know 41-6a-1401-1-b-2?


Did you know Utah parking violation code 41-6a-1401-1-b-2 states that it is illegal to park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant? It is a $40 citation. You would think I would know this being a fire fighters wife and all, but come to find out, a lot of fire fighters didn't even know this. Well I found out first hand after receiving a PARKING TICKET from some sad and unhappy officer of the law in Centerville last Saturday. After a super fun day of shopping at the MM warehouse sale, I walked out to get my car to go load up all of our goodies. That is where I found him. Sitting in his car parked along the side of mine. I was a little confused because I was completely clear of the fire hydrant and even the poles that were placed beside it. I motioned to him with a very confused look on my face...."are you here for me???" He nodded with a scowl on his brow. I approached his car and asked him what I did. He stated that I was parked within 15 feet of the hydrant. Then with a snide attitude he said "and you would think you would know that having fire plates on your car." I was a little taken back for a sec. Now I may not have an eye for measurement, but I was CLEARLY out of the way of the hydrant. I know that at some time in my life I knew the law (back when I read the drivers handbook to take my test) Well, now I know.

2 comments:

Hayden and Brent said...

Hmmm...I didn't know that either!?! I will be sure to leave atleast 15 feet between me and a fire hydraunt!

Janis said...

Please. I knew that. Although, did you know that driving 74 in a 55 zone is frowned upon? Yeah, they got me for that one this week. :)