Ok so first of all, no offence to those parents who let their kids watch this show. I am sure it has its positives, although this is not one of them (at least to me.)
It was one of those days when I just turned on some tunes to occupy Tukar for a little bit while I got some cleaning done. This is pretty standard around our house (I know-- bad mom) So there I was, busy busy, when all of a sudden I stopped and listened to what was playing on the tv. It was the show called "Yo Gabba Gabba". Well the following stopped me in my tracks and really made me think about WHAT my kids are watching on tv.
Now I am not sure what the message was here but it doesn't seem like one that would be played on an antidrug commercial.
Something else that I noticed (and in one of my favorite movies) was this....
Now I don't know about your house, but that word is NOT ALLOWED in ours. So when Tukar started saying that to everyone, I got onto my girls accusing them of having said this ugly word. They swore to me it wasn't them, well now I guess it wasn't. It was this innocent Disney film. Don't get me wrong, we still watch this show ALL the time, we just skip through this part when Tukar is around.
I know that I cannot sheild my kids against everything, and we are pretty open with our kids, but there is an age when influence can be a bad thing.
I would like to hear your input on this sunject and if you have seen or heard anything....
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Post a Comment